Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Collaborative Family History

In an effort to make sure that we keep tract of each other's research and prevent duplication in our genealogical efforts, I've uploaded our family tree onto an online website where we can make changes on a common family tree. This way we will always be working off of the same family tree. The service is through Your Beginnings which is a website that hosts an open source genealogy program for free. Am we can always keep back-up copies of the files on our computer so it will never be lost. The site keeps ordinance data which is good, and we can also restrict access to family members. This seems like the ideal solution to our family history dilemma of staying in contact. This blog can also be used to post updates and things that we want to make each other aware of. Ideally, I want to digitize all of the family history documents that we have, so that not just one of us has to safeguard the information. Any ideas would be welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. This is your cousin Renik. I'm over in Germany taking a look at the Mormon family history center website. There is alot that I never knew that I now know. I found your site and the information that I have found here has backed up what I have found about our familie's history.

Anonymous said...

There was a record that was never set straight and I feel that tonight it has been. There are things that your cousin Lance didn't know either about the roots of the Conrad family. I e-mailed him and he knows now.

I've visited the city of Zürich, Switzerland and I think I may visit some of the other towns in the canton of Zürich where we have roots. If I ever have a kid, his or her middle name is going to be Kunz. I can't forget our roots.